BootsnAll Travel Network



On Safari Day 2

Well, like I said, it rained last night but I might not have mentioned that we are camping right next to Nakuru National Park! Yeah, we are not that far from the wildlife… hehe, but it’s in a safe area. Our tent withstood the rain so all is good.
Wow, today…. just wow. We went on a game drive this morning in the park… and we saw soooo many things:
Gazelles (sp?), impala, cape (some sort of buffalo), baboons, black and white clobus monkeys, flamingos (there’s over a million in Lake Nakuru), zebras, … god… there’s too many to name… I’ll just name the one’s that everyone is thinking of right now… hehe… we DID get a chance to see:
Giraffes, Lions, Rhinos, and even a Leopard!! Going on a drive through the park is one of the most exciting things I’ve ever done… man, I can’t even put it into words how exciting it was to see these animals. It’s surreal. So far I am LOVING Africa… It’s too much for words… you should really just come here and see it for yourselves.
We went back to camp for lunch where our wicked chef prepared us an absolutely delicious spagetti lunch… Mmmmm… we are in the town of Nakuru right now… I need to get more film.. hehe. I won’t be able to put pics up for a while… and a lot of them are on film since I brought my super zoom lens to get right up and personal with the animals. I can’t wait to be able to share the pics.
I hope I will get to post again soon because everyday is sooooooooo incredible!



Tags:

One Response to “On Safari Day 2”

  1. Ed Says:

    screw the super zoom, just go up to the lions, leopards, rhinos, etc. and take pics in their face! hahaha juuuust kidding!

    i’m glad ur having a great time! u see anything get eaten? How do the animals react in their natural habitat?

  2. Posted from United States United States
  3. Ed Says:

    hey,

    i know it’s a while away…but a friend of mine was suppose to go to Fiji, she said there’s a “war” there…but after you come out from ur trip, i’m sure u can survive haha

  4. Posted from United States United States
  5. Karen Li Says:

    Ev,

    I haven’t been following your blog in the last while, and I just spent half an hour catching up!

    What an AMAZING journey. I’m super jealous but super happy that you’re having such a great time.

    (although, if I’d been online, I would have objected earlier to the skipping of Venice and Prague! Next time, i guess!)

    I can’t wait to hear about the rest of your time in Africa.

    Much love and hugs,
    K.

Leave a Reply