BootsnAll Travel Network



On Safari Day 12

Today was long… very long. We woke up at 5 to catch the public bus to Dar Es Salaam. I got the window this time and John got to experience the butts/crotches/armpits/etc. At least we weren’t in the front row and this bus didn’t stop as much as the first one did. The ride was about 6 hours with no long stops… there was one quick “bathroom” break… where the driver screamed something, a lot of people got off into a grassy field… sitting at the window, I watched these people get out… a looked away for a second and when I looked back at the field, all the men had their backs to the bus and you could only see the tops of the womens’ heads poking out from the grass… haha.. THIS was a bathroom stop… it was hilarious. I’m glad I didn’t have to go or you’d be able to see my white ass from the bus!

Dar Es Salaam was hooot…. realllly realllly reallly hot and humid. We caught a taxi to the ferry port where we caught a ferry across to Mikadi Beach camp. This camp was awesome. We stayed in huts on stilts on the beachfront… We couldn’t ask for a better end to the trip. There was also a pretty sweet outdoor bar so the group could enjoy a couple cold ones by the beach. They also had a slushy drink that you could get in a bucket! hehe. Our group had a good night of fun. I can’t believe it’s almost over…



Tags:

One Response to “On Safari Day 12”

  1. Ed Says:

    wow, a house on stilts at a beach…it’s like your dream house!

  2. Posted from Canada Canada

Leave a Reply