BootsnAll Travel Network



Just when I thought it couldn’t get hotter…

Man, I am literally dripping sweat wherever I go…

Yesterday, we didn’t do too much, we went to the riverfront, then to the Royal Palace (which was big but wasn’t too too much to see there), and then… I think we then went back to the hostel. It was hot in Phnom Penh.

This morning, we headed off to Siem Reap via a small town that I can’t remember the name of right now… Komp something? Anyway, it is dry season so there is no boat that can take us from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap directly so we had to catch a bus to this Komp place. Driving through the country side was nice though… got to see a little bit of the back-country stuff. I would describe Cambodia as a mix between Africa and India… can’t really explain why but that’s how my brain puts it together. The terrain is a mix between dry and sandy with flooded fields in some parts… and the children love to wave at us foreigners.

In Komp-somthing, we caught a little boat…. just barely sea-worthy, that took us to Siem Reap. The ride was pretty long… like 4 hours? I dunno… I can’t remember exactly how long but my butt did fall asleep. The ride was cool though… well worth it to see the fisherman, water buffalo, and farms.

As of an hour ago, we watched the sun set behind some rain clouds from the top of a temple at Angkor Wat. The structures there are beautiful but I was surprised at how many people there were there… it was actually quite crowded. However, we bought a 3 day pass so we hope to get some better views in the next couple days.



Tags:

Leave a Reply