BootsnAll Travel Network



I said PETITE!!!

I’ll have to give France/Switzerland weather credit…. the weekdays for the past few weeks have sucked due to rain and what not… but I woke up this morning to a beautiful sunny day…. actually, I woke up at like 7am due to a pesky mosquito! I swear, I haven’t seen like any mosquitoes here at all… and of course, the one resident mosquito here finds me!

Anywho, the last couple days were pretty uneventful… the office was literally empty on Friday so I left an hour early. Funnily enough, since I had nothing to do, I actually did a lot of work at home…. I have no life. I really need to find either some friends or a hobby! Actually, speaking of which, I’ve started the process of posting pictures from my trip on a website. I have Countries beginning with A-C done at this point… still have a ways to go though. If you want the secret location, let me know.

As for today, it’s Saturday, so of course that means going down to the market, practicing my French and getting delicious food. I’m going to continue my dorky tradition of taking a picture of my Saturday find… so here they are (The first one is a a cheese place at the market, the second one is my Saturday purchases:
IMGP3696.JPGIMGP36971.JPG

Now during my attempt to practice French at the market today, I came across the adventure of buying cheese. My French isn’t horrible… and I know petite means small… so when I asked for a small piece of cheese, I thought it was pretty straight forward. However, knowing the language here, doesn’t mean knowing the culture! This guy cut the BIGGEST piece of cheese for me… and when he handed it to me, he said, “petite fromage” or something like that… and sure enough, people around me were buying cheese by the brick (or so it seemed)… so I smiled and took it. But geez, I don’t know if I’ll be able to finish this! I guess I’ll now need to add this to my list… got the Gruyere Swiss this time around… hope its good!
Imgp3716.jpg

Anyway, now I’m heading into Geneva to catch the Lake Parade or something like that… I thought I’d actually go and do something today. Hopefully it turns out good.



Tags:

One Response to “I said PETITE!!!”

  1. Ada Says:

    Ev, that picture is hilarious!!! Love it!
    Miss ya! xoxo

  2. Posted from Canada Canada
  3. Vix Says:

    lol Ev.. I guess next time you’ll have to try TRES TRES PETITE!!

  4. Posted from Canada Canada

Leave a Reply