BootsnAll Travel Network



Happy St. Patty’s Day!

Happy St. Patty’s Day everyone! We met up with my Aunt Rosanna in Beijing on our last day there and after a quick lunch, we went to see the Huotong area which is like an old neighborhood, Prince Huong’s Imperial Garden, the Drum Tower, The Bell Tower, and… umm, I think that was about it. My aunt’s colleague’s niece was nice enough to take us around to see these areas. Then, we all went for dinner. Of course, being in Beijing, we (and by we, I mean everyone but me) had to try the Peking duck… it smelt really good… and according to John, it was delicious. Due to a miscommunication about which train station we had to be at though, we almost missed our train to Xi’an! We had to abruptly leave in the middle of dinner and fly across town to get to the right train station. It was no problem though, we even had time to spare.

The ride was uneventful. John and I slept like babies until we arrived in Xi’an. Xi’an is a lot more modern than I thought it would be… the last thing I thought I’d see here would be a Louis Vuitton (sp?) and Prada store. It’s quite beautiful though with a the big city wall all around it. The 2 american girls we met in Beijing actually also came to Xi’an and are staying at the same hostel too… so that was kind of cool. We spent the afternoon wandering the town together and trying some street food… which was surprisingly very good.

Now, we just got home after searching for an Irish Pub to celebrate the “holiday” but when one of the girls asked the hostel staff whether there was an Irish Pub near by, the staff member responded by saying “yes! We will have another Panda Tour tomorrow!”… haha. Soooo, we decided to go wandering down the bar street on our own. After popping into a few bars to see if anything came close to an Irish Pub (which none did), we settled for a nice little bar and restaurant where we sat down, ordered pub-ish foods and drinks, and played hearts (which I won both rounds 🙂 ). There was actually live music there too so it was a pretty cool atmosphere. I would never think I’d see two Chinese guys with acoustic guitars singing Beatles tunes in a bar in Xi’an.

Anyway, it seems like we’ve had a pretty long day today so I’m gonna turn in. We will be heading out to see the terracotta soldiers tomorrow. See you then!



Tags:

Leave a Reply