BootsnAll Travel Network



Brrrr…. and I Thought I’d Get A Tan Here….

Wow, it feels like it’s fall here. There’s kind of a crisp mountain air blowing down from the mountains or something… I hope it clears up at least for a bit so I can go enjoy the sun once in a while. Rumor has it that the Fete de Geneve is starting soon, which is supposed to be a great time so I hope the sun comes out.

Anyway, I just wanted to report on a highway robbery here…. I want to get my passport renewed because I don’t have any blank pages left in it… so, I have started through the process of applying from overseas. There’s nothing really hard to do but there are little finicky things that just make urked about the whole thing.
1. The application has to be printed on 8.5 X 11 paper… well, for those of you who don’t know, the paper of choice here is A4, which is skinnier than the paper we like in Canada.. so finding a printer to fill out the form was pretty much impossible. If it wasn’t for my Aunt making a trip to Canada last week, I don’t know where I would have printed it.
2. Passport photos. For us Canadians, there is a certain format of photo that must be taken and it must include the photographer’s name and all that stuff…. There are only a few places here that do the Canadian passport photo so you know what that means? Yeah, they JACKED the price. For 4 passport photos, I had to pay 40 CHF… that’s almost equivalent to $40!! Now, if I new this ahead of time, I probably would have reconsidered it but I didn’t even think about it… so when I went to pick up the pictures it really blew me away… not to mention it took more than a day to do!!

That’s about all that really bugs me about the whole passport application process… hopefully the rest of it goes smooth. Who knows, maybe with a new passport I’ll just head home the long way around… (perhaps through South America? hehe). Not that I have any money to do that.

Anyway, that’s all for now. I’m going to go think warm thoughts.



Tags:

Leave a Reply