BootsnAll Travel Network



Back to Reality…. kind of

Well, we are leaving the lap of luxury of my family taking care of me. My mom is back in Edmonton and we are leaving Hong Kong today by train to begin our own adventure in China. Our first stop: Beijing. It’s about a 25 hour train ride there. After that, we will be going to Xi’an to see the clay sodiers, then Chengdu to see giant Pandas, then Lhasa to see stuff in Tibet, then Chonqing to start a boat ride to the 3 Gorges Dam, then to Yellow Mountain, then Shanghai, and then we’ll be back in Hong Kong on April 9th!. Soo, I will do my best to keep putting up new posts. I probably won’t get to post pics at the same time but I’ll be sure to take lots of pictures. See you all soon!

I just had to post this here… hehe. It’s Fonzy wearing his new traditional chinese shirt and hat… hehehe.

Fonzy.jpg



Tags:


No Responses to “Back to Reality…. kind of”

  1. Lakshmi Says:

    Hi,
    I was thinking of posting this comment in ‘Violated in India’ section, but then i thought posting it here would grab your attention faster. Anyway, iam posting it on both the threads.

    Iam Lakshmi from India, currently living in the US with my family. Since iam from india, i can completely understand what you must have gone through with those incidences. It’s very sad but if it’s a consolation for you then i have to tell you that every Indian woman can completly relate to what you were trying to say when you said you felt “violated”. On a daily basis Indian women go through these kind of violations left, center and right. Somebody gropes you, tries to feel you or grabs your butt when you are in a crowded place. It’s a comman occurence in every day lives of Indian woman and yet nobody is held accountable. The FUCKING govt of India is blind to such things. There’s no law which can put these hoodlums behind bars for such actions. Women, especially from lower strata get raped, molested and sexually abused on a daily basis by strangers. These women neither have the money nor the power to do anything against these horrible violations against them and if they complain to police, police being so corrupt, i wont be surprised if they end up being raped by the police just because they complained.
    Having said all this and having been a victim myself on a smaller degree, Indian women have their own strategies to avoid being victimized often. That’s the reason they wear these things called “duppattas” to cover the upper part of their costumes and dont usually venture into crowded areas or gone alone anywhere at night. I know it sounds PATHETIC, but in a country where majority of men are perverts, jerks, assholes and their likes, it’s wise to keep away from such anti-social elemsnts for safety and sanity. Iam ashamed to be an Indian when such incidences are reported and millions of people get to read them. But again, there are few good men in India too like my dad, my husband and others. It’s just that India has a wide disparity between the highly educated, sophisticated, very decent men to highly ignorant, culturally very low, perverted ass-holes. And sadly, the latter group of men are the majority here.
    I hope this comment brought you some consolation if not anything else. Just wanted to let you know that there are millions of women in India who get violated by a larger degree and it’s a sad state of affair.
    You can email me if you like to.
    Peace and love,
    Lakshmi.

Leave a Reply