BootsnAll Travel Network



A Long Day or 2 of Traveling

Wow, After what felt like ages; we left Varanasi. Our train actually arrived in Varanasi on time but arrived in Delhi 2 hours late. So instead of being a 17 hour train ride, it was about 19 hour ride.

There was a pretty funny momemnt though… as we were waiting for the train, a cow sauntered by slowly… on the tracks. There wasn’t anywhere it’d be able to go if a train came… and what do ya, know? A train came! If belted it’s horn and pulled on the brakes as the cow turned around and started running. I thought we were definetly going to see this cow splatter on the tracks but luckily the train stopped on time and the cow managed to jump over the barrier… it probably isn’t that funny a story in writing but it was hilarious to see.

These trains aren’t exactly like riding the Eurail but it wa actually quite decent. I didn’t order the spicy dinner but John did and apparantly that wasn’t too bad. Good thing one train wasn’t too late because we had to head to the airport to catch our flight to Goa.

At the airport, we managed to get through eveything alright. Apparently eating almost nothing for the past 6 days caught up to me though because I nearly blacked out in the security line. John said I pretty much lost all my color… as if I didn’t stand out enough already. I was good after a bit of food… mmm food… man, I miss food from home… tasty delicious food that won’t make me sick … mmmm. Anyways, we are in Goa now and I’m actually having a great time. We are staying at a nice guest house. Next to the beach. It’s about 30 degree celsius during the day… cooling down to about 25 degree celsius at night. It’s quite humid though so it feels hotter. I’m sure all of you in Edmonton are really sympathizing with me about this heat and himididty… Hehe.

At this very moment, i’m sitting on a beach chair watching a beautiful sunset… it’s ironic, but the pollution I’ve been complaining about causes the sunset to be some beautiful shades of purple, orange, red and yellow… and with the waves gently crashing in front of me, it makes for a perfect setting. I guess i was bound to find something beautiful in India sooner or later.



Tags:

One Response to “A Long Day or 2 of Traveling”

  1. Ed Says:

    thanks for the call! it was good to hear from you. Just finished reading your posts, hopefully your stay at Goa is better. Happy new year n such, talk with you soon!

  2. Posted from Canada Canada

Leave a Reply