BootsnAll Travel Network



Rock of Gibraltar

rock of gibraltar

The Rock of Gibraltar. Fortress of colonial Britain. And they’re still holding on. The rock of Gibraltar has huge history over the previous centuries. The Rock is a small piece of the southernmost coast of Spain, you can see North Africa from there. The British took it over back in the day, and stil hold it from the Spanish. They dont trust the Spanish if it were to come down to the wire, the Brits want control. Plus they’ll let us land planes there. Plus under the Rock is an entire garrison, complete with hospitals, cafeterias, kilometers of roads, living quarters, water, feul, etc. Plus the rock is nuke-proof, being buried under a huge mountain containing alot of limestone. (takes care of the fallout). So if there is nuclear meltdown someday, you’ll probaby find the remnant of the race on Gibraltar. Funny accent they have there. Sounds like some kind of mix between right proper Queens English, Italian, and Spanish. Strange indeed.

The Rock itself is beautiful. Huge white birds cirlce the top, which is some kind of military comm. post. There is a casino there (closed when i was there, or I would have to had to go in and comandeer some poor souls loot), also a botanical garden. The towns got alot of character. Narrow streets lines with olde english restaurants and pubs.

The museum was cool, and contained some 14th century baths, put in by the Muslims who has control over the area way back in the day.

Tags: , ,



Leave a Reply