BootsnAll Travel Network



Now is blessed, the rest remembered (J.M.)

Puerto Escondido is a small town on the Pacific side of Mexico. A small surf town, with big waves holding international surf competitions. Most people that have been here for a while seem to know eachother. There is a good backpacker community and some crazy nightlife. There is also some pretty amazing sport fishing. I met a guy from Texas who just caught a 8 foot sailfish.

The waves are massive and the waters are succeptible to huge tidal changes producing some pretty strong rips. The rips look like waves going out to the ocean instead of in and when they go out, they crash into the waves that are natrually coming in, creating huge explosions of whitewash.

I spent all the time on the beach in the sun and in the ocean, meeting people, and eating cantaloupes and pineapples. and tacos.

 

Puerto Escondido

 

Right now I am in Zihuatanejo, the place they go at the end of Shawshank Redemption. Thought that was a nice touch to the end of the trip.

Also, I just recently read Brave New World, by Aldous Huxley. Cool book. Consequently, he wrote another book called The Doors of Perception, where Jim Morrison and family got their name from.

 ————————————————

A man rakes leaves into
a heap in his pard, a plie,
& leans on his rake &
burns them utterly.
The fragrance fills the forest
children pause & heed the
smell, which will become
nostalgia in several years

-Jim Morrison

————————————————

Tags: , , , ,



Leave a Reply