BootsnAll Travel Network



Frieden: Hero of the Week

Today I was driving with my friends John and Frieden. Frieden has a job as a driving instructor and picked up me and John so we could get John’s car at the mechanic. There was a younger girl driving becaues at the time Frieden was actually in the middle of giving a driving lesson when he stopped (or instructed the girl to stop) to pick us up, which is itself funny in a way.

So I find myself in the middle of a driving lesson, in a small red hatcback, me & John sitting in the back. ‘Ok..straight ahead’ Frieden is instrucing. ‘Ok…left here.’ We come up to a right turn and there is obviously a huge mac truck (in England they call them ‘Lorries’) coming down the other side of the road. We’re supposed to turn at this road, and that is exacly what the girl attempted to do despite the several ton truck coming the other way.

This is where things happened. Or didn’t happen, as it were. Frieden just reached over, grabbed the wheel and turned us back onto our side of the street and the truck whizzed by. Then we turned and continued on.

No words were spoken. Nobody jumped. Nobody’s eyes widened even a hair. The girl didn’t even know what she had done. A great calm reigned. A minute later we got out of the car and bust up laughing. How can you have 4 people in a small hatcback almost get plastered into the road by a Mac truck and have a response level of absolute zero? The mystery remains.

So, arguably Frieden chalked up a save for at least 3 of the people in the car, I was on the opposite side and may have survived, so I won’t count myself. That however, was the 2nd incident of the week.

The day prior Frieden saved his son who had stopped breathing after having some crazy accident on a trampoline. Frieden ran out and attempted some resuscitation techniques such as pulling the tounge out, turning the boy upside down, and shaking him. The techniques worked however, and he saved his son, who was turning blue.

Frieden is 26 year old German living in England. He saved 3-4 people this week from death and/or serious injury and is truly the Hero of the week.

p.s. there have been some after effects of the fast to the likes of me dropping strange unidentified deuces. Other than that, things are normal. Except the deuces. It looked weird…I was strangely intrigued. Like wood compost. With some plastic wrappings hanging off. Or a peanut and honey snack bar made of sponge.

Tags: , , ,



Leave a Reply