BootsnAll Travel Network



Laura–Our Angel!

Steve’s sister Laura has graciously agreed to be our home contact (or Angel as one travel book called it) while we travel. She will be responsible for various tasks such as collecting our mail–opening important looking things and recycling all of our junk mail, paying our credit card bill, transferring money from our ING account to our bank accounts, holding a copy of our important documents and photos/receipts for our travel insurance, being our one main contact if something bad happens–she’ll contact the rest of Steve’s family and Gina’s family in case of an emergency, and various other things that I’m forgetting.

The main thing she’s going to help us with is the banking stuff. I’ve read that it’s unsafe to check bank accounts online at internet cafes while traveling because the internet cafe workers are bored and underpaid, a dangerous pairing that often leads to stolen information and money. So, just to be safe, we’re not going to check our bank accounts while we’re gone. We completely trust Laura with our information and our money (honesty and responsibility being the two most important characteristics for a home contact, I’d say).

A billion thanks to Laura. We’ll buy you something pretty along the way, and we’ll miss you and the family.



Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *