BootsnAll Travel Network



Final Thoughts on Japan

It is hard to say any final thoughts about Japan because I know it will always be with me in my heart.  Over the three months spent there I have developed a special love for the country and look forward to returning someday soon.  It is without a doubt an expensive country to travel in, but the friendships, rewards and lessons learned were more than worth any money spent to obtain them.  I can definitely see myself living there someday, but there are a great many obstacles to overcome first.   

The major problem is visa sponsorship without a four year degree.  With enough effort I could pick up the spoken language easy enough, but would always have difficult learning the 3,000 most commonly used Kanji.  Then there is also the weather.   It is far from ideal, but after twelve years of suffering through the biting cold winters and excessively humid summers of New Jersey I’m used to the seasons.

All these difficulties aside, life there would be as exciting and intriguing as it would be comfortable and familiar.  Like Japan itself, there would be a constant contrast in life at all times.  However, one of my core philosophies is the realization and appreciation of the diversity that life offers.  So, maybe this form of balance would keep me in a constant state of contentment as well as contemplation.

Only time will tell.  For now I’m still a vagabond, and have quite a while before I’m ready to settle anywhere.  Literally, a world of new adventures are on the horizon.  Soon I will arrive in South Korea with no guidebook, an insignificant knowledge of the language, with only my instincts and “boyish-charm” to rely on… here goes nothing!


 My Favorite Photos from Tokyo 

 My Favorite Photos from Yamanashi (Mt. Fuji)

 My Favorite Photos from Nagoya and Inuyama

 My Favorite Photos from Osaka

 My Favorite Photos from Nara and Kyoto 

 My Favorite Photos from Kyushu (Fukuoka) 

.



Tags: , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *