BootsnAll Travel Network



Day 7: Sinuwa to Naya Pul

 

7:30am:  Awake and back on the trail.  Down and up.  More walking, climbing and shock from struggles downhill.  The sights are still amazing, but have been seen before.  Now that the trek is coming to its close, my focus is set to the future’s comforts.  Pokhara tonight!  Hot shower, excellent food, beers and live music all await me at the end of this full week of intense mountain trekking.  My feet are sore and bruised, my muscles ache and I am anxious to wake up tomorrow with no agenda.   

One overwhelming day of hiking, from dawn past dark, finally brings our party to Naya Pull.  A “disco-taxi”, adorned in flashing colored lights, extracts the remaining three members of the group happily away from the Annapurna Range and back to the comforts of Pokhara.

Seven days laboring over difficult trails, dodging massive piles of dung, leaping from rock to rock, wobbling across shaky bridges over rushing water, climbing endless sets of staircases and feeling the endless impact of steep descents!  It has taken its toll on my body.  Despite all of the charming encounters with the mountain people, delicious Dahl Baht and vistas of jaw-dropping scenery, I am glad to be home in Pokhara enjoying a steak fireside.  The end of this intense journey is welcome, but has left a permanent impression.

See all of my photos from Day 7

.



Tags: , , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *