BootsnAll Travel Network



Day 4: Return to Pokhara

 

The final day on TATA Bullet…  I’ve begun to feel at one with this bike.  All of the difficult little idiosyncrasies have become familiar and I can operate this temperamental machine just as well as any other motorcycle I’ve ridden.  However, there is a power and comfort of riding the Bullet that eludes all others!   

 

It is a fitting return to Pokhara via the Siddhartha Highway, my training ground during the first few days learning to ride.  The twisty mountain roads, besieged with as many obstacles as pretty vistas, riddled with potholes and shadowed by the Himalayas.  It is the perfect place to feel the thrills of motorcycling.  Aside from the breathtaking views, the excellent corners and Nepal’s unpredictable traffic keep every single minute exhilarating.

This trip felt like the final exam.  My motorcycle lessons are complete.  While I still may not be an expert, I am now confident enough to ride any bike through any terrain… well, maybe not India; I’ll see about the traffic horrors I’ve heard about when I get there in a couple days.  So with my time in Nepal coming to a close, I return to Pokhara for the last few western comforts before taking the great plunge into the exotic mysteries of India.

See all of my photos from the ride back to Pokhara

.



Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *