BootsnAll Travel Network



Safari Adventure Day 2!

The next day I awoke with no hangover. I met up with my tour guide Johan to discuss the next two weeks. The tour I was on had started in Cape Town. Everyone had already been going for about a week. I didn’t really miss anything. That day I hung around and did some reading. I met a few american guys who were there in leave from the Peace Corp. They were all working in Zambia. It was amazing to hear some of the stories these guys were telling. One guy told me they were able to get a hold of a TV and a VCR so they decided to show the village Jurassic Park. After the movie the guy told me that alot of people in the village asked where the movie was filmed, he responded with Hawaii. They then made the obvious assumption that the Dinosaurs must still be alive in Hawaii. They had no idea they didn’t still exist and couldn’t understand how they could look so real in the movie but not be real. One guy upon his arrival in the village was asked where his gun was by a villager. Apparently because they knew he was American just assumed he had a gun, because obviously all americans have guns, right?The next day I packed up and left on the tour.


Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *