BootsnAll Travel Network



Safari Adventure Days 3 and 4!

Day 3 was the first real day on the tour. For me it’s exciting knowing I will meet loads of new people and see amazing things. Driving through the countryside of Namibia I was still pinching myself a bit wondering what the hell I was doing here. Looking out the window at the bleak desert landscape and collecting my thoughts was enjoyable. After a few hours on the truck we made our way to our campsite for the evening. We were at the base of one of the tallest peaks in Namibia, Spitzkoppe. That afternoon we hiked up the side of it to get a better view of the top. There were a few hairy moments at the top but all in all it was an amazing view from the top. That night we had dinner and sat in front of the fire. I called it an early night as I was trying to catch up on sleep. That night was apparently unusually mild but the sounds i heard from outside my tent did not sit too well with me. I kept hearing something sniffing and walking around my tent. Being my first night I had no idea what the hell it was and was afraid it was going to come through the tent and eat me. The next morning my guide said it could have been some Jackals which are relatively harmless. We hoped back in the truck this morning and kept heading north in the direction of Etosha National Park our destination for the next day. My stomach on this day was not in the best mood. I kept getting massive pains and then they would go away and then come back. I think it was because of the water i drank that was on the truck. At one rest stop i made a mad dash for the bathroom in hopes of clearing up the problem but to no avail. Let’s just say that the person waiting for me outside the bathroom probably thought I was in there playing a didgeridoo. That night we set up camp again. Watched a beautiful sunset on top of a pile of rocks. It would be one of many beautiful sunsets on the trip.

Posted in Travel |



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *