BootsnAll Travel Network



Malaysia…Kuala Lumpur…Cameron Highlands.

So from Singapore i headed north to Malaysia and Kuala Lumpur. It was about a 6 hour bus journey north to KL and it cost about $12 U.S. dollars. The ride was beautiful. Passing through palm tree filled forests and hillsides. I pulled into KL around 4 and walked to my hostel in Chinatown. I’ll give you some advice, don’t make chinatown the first place you go to in any city. I’ll just leave it at that. I stayed in the roach den in chinatown one night and moved to another one the next. I had a few people i met in Singapore travel north with me so that made it quite nice. KL is a city that just didn’t quite get it right. They have the mighty petronas towers which hover over the city at about 453 meters. KL is a city that grew really fast in the 80’s and 90’s but ultimately grew too fast. There are alot of skyscrapers that are have built. Comparing KL to singapore is not fair but it’s all i can do right now. From KL i headed inland to the Cameron Highlands. Basically it’s the equivalent of heading to the mountains for Malaysians. It’s quite cooler up here and alot more fresh air. I payed RM8 for my room per night. Go ahead and figure that out if you want but it’s dirt cheap for a place that is very nice. I’m heading back to KL today and i’m flying to Borneo tomorrow.



Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *