BootsnAll Travel Network



Goodbye Borneo!

I have to say that i’m very sad to leave Borneo. Tomorrow is my last day and I can’t believe how fast the two weeks has flown by here. I wasn’t sure I even wanted to come here at all but I’m extremely glad I did. I have to say that it is the best place i’ve been so far on my trip. The people here are so kind and couldn’t do enough for you…for the most part. The Wildlife is absolutely extraordinary. I’m sad to say though that if I was to come back in 10 years i’m not quite sure I would be able to see some of the things I saw this time around. We sometimes take for granted how educated we are in the western world. Environmentalism is such a common phrase. Recycling and not littering is something that we do without even thinking. Unfortunately here alot of the people don’t understand the damage they are doing by logging and throwing trash everywhere. I hope it will change but I guess time will tell. I met amazing people here and probably laughed more than I’ve laughed in a while. Unfortunately there was a dark side to the trip. Mom, i know you don’t want to know this but i feel i should let you all know anyway. I did get bitten by bed bugs. I’d have to say that it is probably the worst thing i’ve ever dealt with in my life. It felt like i had just bathed in poison ivy. I will never say “don’t let the bed bugs bite” to anyone without thinking of what i went through. Last night i slept on the floor of this one hostel as everyone else scattered from their rooms screaming because of the bed bugs. I did get reimbursed for the nights stay but i guess it’s just part of being a backpacker. I’m almost 2 months into my trip and I’ve definitely changed. I’m not quite sure how i’ve changed but I can tell that I have. I think everyday how there is absolutely nothing else that i’d rather be doing. I also think of what things will be like when I get back even though it is so far away. I’m now off to mainland Malaysia where I will head north into Thailand in a few days. World Cup fever is amazing over here. I’m really looking forward to cheering on the U.S. Talking futbol (soccer) with other travelers is great because I know alot more than they assume i do because I’m american. I’m hoping to be in Bangkok by the 12th of June to watch the U.S. play. From there I think I will head north into Laos and then Cambodia and Vietnam before finish my journey through asia up in Hong Kong. Goodbye for now and may the force be with you.

This post was brought to you by “Depends.” In the jungle, on the beach, in a bus or on a plane…Depending on where you are, you can “Depend” on us!



Tags: , , ,

3 responses to “Goodbye Borneo!”

  1. Now why did you have to go and scare your mother like that. Your gonna give the poor woman a heart attack with all this bed bug talk!!! Go jump out of a plane or something!! he he j/k. Good luck and keep us posted. don’t scratch your bites….it just makes them worse.

    BE SAFE!!! and may the schwartz be with you!

    alice

  2. The Angry Inch says:

    Some things can not be described….you just got to experience them for yourself to really understand….I am glad you have gotten this oppertunity.

  3. Dumpweed Ringtone…

    Download the ringtone of the popular song: Dumpweed …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *