BootsnAll Travel Network



of flowers and funds

Upon hearing about our upcoming silent auction, a lady who had purchased homemade flower presses from our Entrepreneur Son a couple of years ago, asked if there would be any more at the auction. Ever-the-Entrepreneur readily agreed to make more – not that he’d been planning on it. Word got round and within a few days orders were in for forty presses. Previous production runs have not exceeded a dozen, so this is Serious Business. Everyone big enough to hold a piece of sandpaper is pitching in – and the smaller ones are decorating Thank You Cards for the friends who have lent Proper Tools. If the banks don’t crash, and everyone pays up, these presses will signify two important milestones.

Firstly, the children will have achieved their savings goal to go to Disneyland! Their fund was boosted recently by the somewhat sacrificial decision to forgo Easter eggs (that one took a few days of negotiations amongst the kids to reach a consensus), and a few of them have opted to wear winter PJs that are too short so that they can contribute what we Would Have Spent on new ones to the greater goal. At that point the shortfall was $40.
And with orders for 40 presses, with “wages” being paid at a rate of $1 per press, Disneyland is in their sights.

Secondly, a book party is accomplished. After paying for wages, materials and contracting fees (they bought chocolate bars for the friends who lent them a drop saw and drill press), there ought to be a clear profit of More Than Enough for the book party….the remainder will go into the Book Publishing Fund (see tickers above).

But not wanting to count their chickens before they are hatched, nothing is being added to the tickers until the money actually appears in the bank!

Thanks to everyone who has placed orders:)
Here’s sneak preview of Mark II



Tags: , , , , ,

7 responses to “of flowers and funds”

  1. jen says:

    i like your photo of the flower press

    wtg to the children for savings up it will well worth it Im sure

  2. us8 says:

    To Mum
    I like the post. You are quick at doing post’s.
    Love j12

  3. rayres says:

    heehee, m’dear…this post was up yesterday – I just added the photo while you guys were finishing off the work downstairs!

  4. FadaBear says:

    good effort kiddos, and to a worth cause too! you will enjoy that day at Disneyland I am sure as well! well done. luff D XXOO

  5. Elaine says:

    I am amazed at the lessons that your children are learning already just through the preparation for this journey. Congratulations to all of your family for their hard work and sacrafices for what I am sure will be the trip of a life time!

  6. […] of a book in Laos. They’ve already raised enough money to sponsor a book party (a huge flower press run secured that goal) and can hardly wait to go and meet the children who are going to benefit from […]

  7. […] as well. Thank you to everyone who gave – we really appreciate you getting behind our efforts. From flower presses to silent auction, from one side of Auckland to the other on a sponsored walk, and in spite of not […]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *