BootsnAll Travel Network



money grows on trees

yes it does, it really does…..see……

A dear friend delivered a moneytree to contribute to our Big Brother Mouse fundraising efforts. It was amazing!!!!

And this morning Grandpa offered another donation in exchange for weeding his garden. So money and trees….yes, they go together.

When we first thought about collecting money to give to BBM, our vision was small…..a book party, which would cost a few hundred dollars. But through the generosity of many people we have managed to gather enough for that AND to get a new book published as well. Thank you to everyone who gave – we really appreciate you getting behind our efforts. From flower presses to silent auction, from one side of Auckland to the other on a sponsored walk, and in spite of not getting out any vital information in the television interview, we’ve tried to raise awareness, and people from all walks of life have been so supportive….the grand total so far is $2,400.

Having a look at the Big Brother Mouse website today, the children picked out The Grasshopper War as the book they would like to sponsor. We now need to contact BBM and make sure that will be OK.



Tags: ,

One response to “money grows on trees”

  1. kim says:

    How awesome! We’ve already decided to pay a visit to BBM in Luang Prabang when we get there next year. Love the book you chose!By the way, make sure you sign any visitors books in places you stay or visit. It would be a real buzz for us to know you’d been before us!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *