BootsnAll Travel Network



Farewell New Zealand

Our last stop in New Zealand was Christchurch. Although we enjoyed our campervan, no tears were shed on leaving her for a real bed. Christchurch is a nice and pretty city with a river running through it although we found it to be at a loss for inhabitants. Perhaps the holidays??? After traveling so long outside the cities, we decided to catch a few movies in Christchurch. On Saturday night we took the bus to see the movie “Enchanted.” It was a great movie, and I left it singing. Apparently 50 drunken santas had ramsacked the movie theatre about two hours before we arrived. That made front-page news in Christchurch. I am quite impressed by the coordination that took though…50 santas! On Sunday we decided to check out the film, “My Best Enemy” at the Art Center Cinema which has only 11 seats. Now this is a film I highly recommend…very funny and warm.

Alas, goodbye to sunlight ’till 10pm, ultra-friendly kiwis, cafes galore, stunning landscapes, and delicious hot chocolate.

paula and dan



Tags: ,

One Response to “Farewell New Zealand”

  1. Big Bro Says:

    I saw that story about the Santas here! I kinda thought two of them were a bit skinny and Yank for proper hooligan Nicks… (don’t tell me you two weren’t in on it…)

  2. Posted from United States United States

Leave a Reply