BootsnAll Travel Network



And off to Greece!

After Pammukale, we went to ephesus, checked out the ruins and hopped on another over-night bus to Istanbul… We arrived fell right back in love with this tranquill old-europe style city. We walked along the promenades, finished uploading pictures from India to Turkey on the free internet our hostel provided (click the link on the right to see them!), and treated ourselvels to the great treats we found the first time around (ie chocolate cheesecake, chocolate brownies w/ice cream, and of course more apple tea!!).

After a few days, we hopped on an overnight train to Thessaloniki, Greece. Holy yowza… this ridin’ in style. The room we were given on the train was like a mini hotel room… complete with closet, sink, etc. No bathroom but it had comfortable beds, clean sheats, and comfy pillows! We set in for the night and were quickly sleeping peacefully. The only concern was how the border crossing to Greece would be handled. When we crossed from Cambodia to Vietnam by bus, we had to get out and walk across the border, get passports stamped, etc.. the whole thing took nearly two hours! Getting off the train at 3am and standing in line in our pj’s would not be fun…. No worries! They knocked on our door, took our passports and then they took care of everything while we stayed in bed. Then they knocked again, and gave us our passports back… off we go! Greece is especially exciting since my mom will be travelling with us when we get to Athens!



Tags: , , , ,

Leave a Reply