BootsnAll Travel Network



Arrival of the mama..

After a few days in the north, we took a train down to Athens. We had a few days until my mom was to show up so we relaxed in a nice little section of Athens called Plaka. Enjoying some nice pasta and other treats, we were able to hold off on the urge to go to the Acropolis until my mom arrived. We even did our first jog of the entire trip in the national garden (right next to the Temple of Olympian Zeus!)… that’s right, we were impressed with our get-up-and-go too.

Once my mom arrived, a bit weary from an overnight flight, we grabbed her obscenely well packed bags (we’re talking one small rolley bag, one small over-the-shoulder bag, and a hand bag…. well done!!) and jumped on the metro back to Athens from the airport. Then walked back to our hotel to drop off her bags for a bit. After walking around a bit and showing her just a glimpse of the city, we all went back to the hotel to grab all of our stuff, went back to the metro and zipped down to Piraeous. Piraeous is where you catch the over-night ferry to Santorini and is known to be confusing. Without too much trouble, we found our ship. Holy yowza, again…. The room was great and it even had a shower.

After we settled in, the cookies came out…. oh the cookies. After all this time, there’s nothing like home made, home cooked, chocolate chip cookies. Need I say more?

Later on, we went to the on-boat restaurant to get some dinner. After we were done, I noticed that Paula and my mom kept disappearing for pockets of time.. hmm… Well, it turns out that my mom had stashed a birthday cake in her bags… yes, the already obscenely well packed ones. So, after dinner, and the free raki that the nice waiter gave us (yum!), we enjoyed some excellant (and I mean phenomenally excellant) chocolate cake, with home-made white butter-cream icing (Dan’s fav!).  so good…. sooooo good.

So, after dinner, we settled in for the night. The rooms come as only female or only male, so we had to book one two-person room for p and my mom and then a single seat for me. Then I snuck into their room and slept (very comfortably) on the floor. When we wake…. beautiful Santorini.



Tags:

2 Responses to “Arrival of the mama..”

  1. Ma Says:

    Hey Dan and Paula – that was a great note, but did ya forget the sirens and announcements that blew us up outta our comfortable sleep several time during the night while we were on that ferry???

  2. Dan and Paula Says:

    Of course not!! They were terrible! But, we have to leave some fun stories for later…. like that time with the guy… man, that was crazy….

  3. Posted from Ireland Ireland

Leave a Reply