BootsnAll Travel Network



Zona Café

Last day in Manizales I took a day trip to a nearby coffee farm, since this is the centre of the “zona café” in Colombia.  The 1/2 an hour buses to get to the farm had great views of the coffee and banana plants covering the mountains in this area.  After the bus let me off on the side of the road I walked up the gravel track up to the farm, surrounded by coffee fields and lined with palm trees.

coffee fields

road to the farm

I joined the tour (en espanol) that had just started and was taken all over the farm, seeing the plants close up and the beans at every stage of production right up to the cup of coffee freshly ground and made in front of me at the end of the tour.  Since I’m not a coffee maniac, I usually only occasionally drink a coffee beverage (normally cappuccino) I didn’t know too much about it.  I learned a lot about coffee production which pleased me doubly since it meant I’ve progressed in my spanish comprehension in the last couple months.

coffee plant

rip coffee beans

ripe coffee beancoffee beans in a agave sack

A really cool thing about the farm, is that it’s not just coffee plants.  Sure they dominate the land use %, but there’s bamboo groves, lots of plátano and banana trees (including purple ones that are apparently hallucinogenic…), various other tropical fruit trees and even the odd cacao or macadamia tree.  Most of which I’d never seen the plants of before.

coffee and bamboo

red bananasplatano

Also a fair few cool, large, jungle flowers.

jungle flowerIMG_6262

After the tour of the fields and processing machines we walked up to a lookout viewing the whole area.  Even saw a snake climbing bamboo on the way…

coffee farm

snake in the bamboo

Once I’d had the cup of coffee and the complementary fresh fruit salad it was back to the bus stop and a bus to Manizales where I finished the day off with a dinner of Patacon.  Keeping with my one-a-day regiment of those I have prescribed myself.  Tomorrow it’s back to Medellin, where I’ll spend my last 3 days in Colombia.



Tags: ,

246 responses to “Zona Café”

  1. As soon as I discovered this web site I went on reddit to share some of the love with them.

  2. Technology says:

    You actually make it seem really easy with your presentation however I find this topic to be actually something which I think I might by no means understand. It sort of feels too complicated and very broad for me. I am taking a look ahead for your next post, I will try to get the cling of it!

  3. I merely have to inform you you that I am new to posting and clearly liked your website. More than likely I am likely to remember your blog post . You definitely have extraordinary article information. Like it for swapping with us your own internet page

  4. Hey, you used to write fantastic, but the last several posts have been kinda boring¡K I miss your super writings. Past few posts are just a bit out of track! come on!

  5. Education says:

    Thanks , I have just been searching for info approximately this subject for a while and yours is the greatest I’ve came upon so far. However, what concerning the conclusion? Are you sure about the supply?

  6. Surprisingly alluring resources that you have stated, thanks so much for adding.

  7. Technology says:

    Thanks for the sensible critique. Me and my neighbor were just preparing to do some research on this. We got a grab a book from our local library but I think I learned more from this post. I’m very glad to see such magnificent information being shared freely out there.

  8. Well I sincerely enjoyed reading it. This article offered by you is very constructive for accurate planning.

  9. seo company says:

    Greetings there, just became alert to your blog page through Search engine, and have found that it’s very entertaining. I’ll take pleasure in if you decide to carry on these.

  10. Excellent read, I just passed this onto a friend who was doing a little research on that. And he just bought me lunch since I found it for him smile Therefore let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch!

  11. Business says:

    Hello, you used to write fantastic, but the last few posts have been kinda boring¡K I miss your super writings. Past several posts are just a little bit out of track! come on!

  12. I was suggested this website by my cousin. I am not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my trouble. You’re amazing! Thanks!

  13. Real Estate says:

    I’m extremely impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Anyway keep up the excellent quality writing, it is rare to see a great blog like this one today..

  14. If you are going for finest contents like me, only visit this site every day as it offers quality contents, thanks|

  15. My Source says:

    Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to say that I have really enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing to your rss feed and I am hoping you write again soon!|

  16. address says:

    I’m very happy to uncover this website. I want to to thank you for your time due to this fantastic read!! I definitely loved every bit of it and i also have you saved as a favorite to check out new information on your site.

  17. Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I am waiting for your further post thank you once again.|

  18. Appreciate this post. Let me try it out.|

  19. I was more than happy to discover this web site. I need to to thank you for ones time due to this wonderful read!! I definitely savored every bit of it and i also have you saved as a favorite to see new information in your web site.

  20. Info says:

    It’s difficult to find well-informed people about this topic, however, you sound like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks|

  21. Genuinely informative data that you have stated, thanks for posting.

  22. Wow! This can be one particular of the most beneficial blogs We’ve ever arrive across on this subject. Actually Wonderful. I am also a specialist in this topic therefore I can understand your effort.

  23. Excellent read, I just passed this onto a friend who was doing some research on that. And he actually bought me lunch as I found it for him smile Thus let me rephrase that: Thank you for lunch! “The capacity to care is what gives life its most deepest significance.” by Pablo Casals.

  24. QuickBooks is considered as the most prominent accounting software which is adept at managing sales, inventories, payrolls and other financial aspects for small and medium sized businesses. QuickBooks has many products which meet the every requirement of the users. QuickBooks has products such as:

  25. I’ve read a few good stuff here. Certainly price bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how so much attempt you put to make such a wonderful informative web site.

  26. It is most suitable time to have some plans for the future. I have read through this document and if I would, I want to suggest to you you some remarkable tip.

  27. I was extremely pleased to find this web site. I need to to thank you for ones time for this particularly fantastic read!! I definitely savored every part of it and i also have you book-marked to see new stuff in your web site.

  28. web link says:

    I’m very pleased to find this great site. I wanted to thank you for ones time just for this wonderful read!! I definitely enjoyed every little bit of it and i also have you saved to fav to look at new information in your blog.

  29. I love the efforts you have put in this, regards for all the great articles.

  30. whoah this weblog is excellent i really like studying your articles. Stay up the great paintings! You understand, many individuals are searching around for this information, you could help them greatly.

  31. vacation says:

    Of course, what a fantastic website and instructive posts, I surely will bookmark your website.Have an awsome day!

  32. I would like to express some appreciation to this writer for bailing me out of this scenario. After browsing through the search engines and seeing notions which were not powerful, I assumed my life was well over. Living without the presence of strategies to the problems you have sorted out by means of your main posting is a serious case, and the kind which may have in a wrong way affected my career if I had not noticed your web site. Your main know-how and kindness in handling all the things was valuable. I’m not sure what I would’ve done if I had not discovered such a solution like this. I’m able to now relish my future. Thank you very much for the specialized and sensible guide. I won’t think twice to endorse your blog post to any person who requires assistance about this matter.

  33. Ed Sigg says:

    Merely wanna remark on few general things, The website pattern is perfect, the subject material is very superb. “The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he’s on.” by Joseph Heller.

  34. Cammy Gailis says:

    I really like your writing style, wonderful info , thankyou for posting : D.

  35. Odell Vrias says:

    I truly enjoy studying on this website , it has got great articles . “The longing to produce great inspirations didn’t produce anything but more longing.” by Sophie Kerr.

  36. A person necessarily help to make significantly posts I would state. This is the first time I frequented your web page and to this point? I surprised with the research you made to make this particular submit incredible. Great activity!

  37. It is appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I’ve read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you few interesting things or tips. Maybe you could write next articles referring to this article. I wish to read even more things about it!

  38. As a Newbie, I am always browsing online for articles that can be of assistance to me. Thank you

  39. Woman says:

    We are a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community. Your website provided us with valuable information to work on. You have done a formidable job and our entire community will be thankful to you.

  40. Hiya, I’m really glad I’ve found this information. Today bloggers publish just about gossips and net and this is actually frustrating. A good web site with interesting content, that’s what I need. Thanks for keeping this website, I’ll be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Cant find it.

  41. Title

    […]Every when in a while we opt for blogs that we read. Listed below are the most current websites that we pick […]

  42. Title

    […]Wonderful story, reckoned we could combine a number of unrelated data, nevertheless definitely really worth taking a appear, whoa did one particular find out about Mid East has got additional problerms at the same time […]

  43. Title

    […]Every the moment inside a even though we pick out blogs that we read. Listed beneath would be the most recent web sites that we select […]

  44. Zona Café says:

    buy fast private proxy

    I found a great…

  45. Zona Café says:

    Scottie Lombard

    I found a great…

  46. Larrynouck says:

    PBN sites
    We shall establish a structure of privately-owned blog network sites!

    Benefits of our privately-owned blog network:

    We carry out everything so GOOGLE DOES NOT grasp that THIS IS A private blog network!!!

    1- We acquire domain names from distinct registrars

    2- The leading site is hosted on a VPS hosting (Virtual Private Server is rapid hosting)

    3- The rest of the sites are on distinct hostings

    4- We allocate a individual Google profile to each site with verification in Google Search Console.

    5- We design websites on WP, we don’t utilize plugins with assisted by which malware penetrate and through which pages on your websites are established.

    6- We refrain from reproduce templates and utilize only individual text and pictures

    We never work with website design; the client, if wished, can then edit the websites to suit his wishes

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.