BootsnAll Travel Network



Seoraksan park/Ulsan bawi

The weather had improved to a reasonable level this morning, so I went back to the park and this time no rain so I actually hiked.  Made it up to the peak of Ulsan Bawi, a really cool looking rock. 

Ulsanbawi

The hike was moderate to easy for me, 5 miles round trip, the summit is 2900 feet and you go up about 2000 feet on the hike, through some small crevices in the rock and then up nearly 900 steep stairs to reach the peak.  The whole thing took about 4 hours  After I hiked back down I took the cable car up on the other side of the valley for some different views.  It was still mostly cloudy, but the clouds were just high enough that I could see a lot of the mountains in that part of the park.

view from top of cable car ride

Next I was on a bus to Samcheok, home of one of the largest caves in Asia, got that to look forward to tomorrow.  I met another English teacher when I was eating dinner in town here tonight, this guy was from Ohio.  Seriously, these teachers are everywhere here! ;)

Another note, I got a motel in Samcheok, nicest room I’ve stayed in for ages, very fast internet, a fridge, a computer, all sorts of little extras, sensor activated lights…  all for $25 a night, a good dinner in town cost $4 today.  I like the prices in S.Korea.



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.