BootsnAll Travel Network



Newcastle

The time I spent in Newcastle was largely due to Christmas and the lack of being able to travel on it.  So Christmas eve, we went out to the Blackbutt wildlife reserve which has Koalas, Kangaroos and other native wildlife.

Koala

After Christmas day on the beach, Boxing day followed suit, with the weather being perfect again.  This time we explored some different beaches.  Many to choose from in Newcastle!

nobbys beach

hidden beach

The next morning I took a surfing lesson.  Been wanting to do this all week but because of the holiday this was the first lesson time available.  It was brilliant, loads of fun, by the end of the 1 1/2 lesson I was getting the hang of it and managed to successfully stand up a few times.  More surfing to come while I’m in Oz.  I was totally shattered afterwards, the cumulative effects of 2 days of swimming and the surfing when I haven’t done much of anything in the water for a long time but it was still awesome and I’ll be doing it again as soon as possible.

Now I’m in Sydney, will be here discovering it for a week including the New Years extravaganza.  When we arrived yesterday evening it was very warm and humid, very quickly changed by a cooling thunderstorm that rolled in.  Today is sunny and beautiful.  This Decembers weather is by far the best I’ve ever had!  I like the contrast of deciding how few clothes to wear instead of how many.



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.