BootsnAll Travel Network



New Zealand

Right now it’s my last night in Auckland, I’m getting my rental car in the morning and heading North.  I’ve been at a good hostel here, met quite a few people and gotten lots of ideas of stuff to do in New Zealand.  Today I also received a free guitar from someone here at the hostel, good stuff!

Since my last blog entry, I have explored the Auckland museum including a traditional Maori performance there.  I’ve walked over the majority of Auckland city numerous times, eaten some good food including the best fish and chips I’ve had in a long time today in Devonport, across the bay from Auckland.  I’m pretty eager to get out of Auckland tomorrow and start exploring New Zealand though.  Nothing wrong with Auckland, just isn’t great like most of what there is to do in New Zealand.  Or so I hear…

Everything here is so much easier to do than in Asia, travel in English speaking countries is a doddle!  I can actually use the phone without any trouble!  Most of the time I spend “traveling” is speant reading the guidebook or making decisions about where to go instead of trying to figure out schedules and notices in foreign languages.  Much more space here, the air is better too.  I also noticed the greenery in Auckland, a big contrast to most places in Asia where there is so much less green.  I did expect all of this, I went from one of the hardest places to travel as an English speaker, to one of the easiest, according to many people here New Zealand is the easiest country to backpack around.  I don’t doubt it so far.

I have all sorts of ideas for my stay here now, including many kinds of outdoor activities.  Hopefully starting in the Bay of Islands, my next stop.



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.