BootsnAll Travel Network



Mt Rainier

Left Seattle and drove to Mt Rainier Nat’l Park and found a campground, it was a misty day so no real views of the mountains, so we hiked up along a glacier fed stream to some waterfalls.  The Forests here are so many different shades of green, with all the ferns and mosses growing everywhere.  I’ve never seen so much moss before.  We attempted to get a fire going at the campsite after dinner but the wood was damp and even several rounds of liquid persuasion and burning every paper product we could find wouldn’t get it going.

Mt Rainier

The next morning we drove up to the main visitor center in the park with the intention of hiking up to some glacier overlooks and some views of Mt Rainier, only for there to be dense fog covering the entire area.  Hiked a short trail with a bunch of wildflower meadows and then continued driving through the park.  The weather improved as the day went on and by mid-day the sun was out and we got some views of Mt Rainier peaking through the clouds, slightly more distance than from in the park but at least I actually got to see it before we left.

Mt Rainier

I wish we would’ve had more time in the park, there’s hikes to glaciers and the mountains here are stunning.  I think I took more pictures in the last 24 hours than I had the previous 2 weeks. However we had a Dave Matthews Band concert at The Gorge to go to so we had to move on.

DMB @ The Gorge 8/29/08DMB @ The Gorge 8/29/08



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.