BootsnAll Travel Network



Busan and Geoje

I had no real plans after Gyeongju, so at the last minute I decided to go to Busan despite several people telling me it wasn’t worth a stop.  I’m glad I went.  Busan is the 2nd largest city in South Korea, and in a great setting between the mountains and the bay.  It’s a huge fishing port, and my first stop was the fish market, largest in Korea.  Not on the level of Tokyo I don’t think but still quite large with all kinds of live fish and shellfish.  Nice smell in there too…

 

 
Busan fish market

The area around the fish market is one of the main districts for shopping and nitelife, with more BBQ restaurants in one area than I’ve ever seen.  There’s also a huge market in the area selling pretty much anything you can think of.  I went up the Busan tower, for a great view of the whole city, the most attractive looking from above of any Korean place I’ve been.  Ended up in the same dorm again with the same guy who I keep meeting up with through Korea, it’s remarkable how our trip plans have coincided so exactly for the last 2 weeks.  A few of us from the hostel went back downtown and picked one of the BBQ places, which became the latest place to be the best Korean-BBQ I’ve had, it just keeps getting better.  

 

 
Busan 

Second day in Busan I decided to catch a ferry to one of the small Islands off the coast here, just 50 minutes from Busan gets you to Geoji, and from there I took a smaller ferry tour of Oedo Island and around another Island that you can’t land on.  It’s all really cool rocks coast line, looks like it came straight out of Pirates of the Caribbean.  Palm trees and lots of little rocky coves, no pirates though.. 

Oedo



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.