BootsnAll Travel Network



back to Seoul…

I decided to stay another day in Busan partly because I liked it and partly because it made getting the high speed train to Seoul the next morning easier.  I went to the beomosa temple complex with slightly low expectations due to the amount of temple I’ve been seeing and the crowds that are usually at them.  I was pleasantly surprised to find it practically deserted, one of the nicer temples I’ve been to and the location where it’s perched on the hillside has good views of the surrounding area. 

IMG_4178

Next it was back to Seoul for my last night in Korea before my flight.  The high speed train here is less flashy than the Japanese one but has the same top speed, unfortunately they haven’t put the high speed track the whole way from Seoul to Busan yet.  Even without that it still only takes 2:45 to get from one end of the country to the other. 

I found out by mere chance that South Korea were playing a world cup qualifier at the world cup (2002) stadium in Seoul on the very day I was back in Seoul.  Tickets were $15, so after one last meal of dolsot bibimbap I headed over there.  The stadium wasn’t very full, but the fans that went were really into it.  It was vs the UAE, hardly a top class opposition, but I did get to see Park Ji-Sung in action for his country and score.  The Koreans won 4-1, quite easily and I can’t imagine what that place would sound like if it was full up in a top class game.   

Right now I’m sitting at the really nice airport in Seoul waiting for my flight to Taiwan, had to catch the 5:30 bus this morning to get here in enough time.  Not something I hope to repeat many times this trip.  



Tags: ,

One response to “back to Seoul…”

  1. Well, This is pretty sweet verbage, I kind of agree and I am still enjoying this.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.