BootsnAll Travel Network



Australian Open

I spent all day yesterday at day 3 of the Australian Open, and by all day I mean 10AM to 9PM. 

Cilic vs Tipsaveric

I had a ticket for all the outside courts (anything but the main two), managed to see several good players including Marat Safin, Fernando Gonzalez, Marcos Baghdatis and Tomas Berdych.

Fernando Gonzalez

Watching tennis at the arena is so much better than on tv, the players are stronger, faster and hitting the balls harder than you get the sense of on tv.  I now have a ticket to the quarter finals next week and will probably go again this weekend if the weather is reasonable.

In general the weather since I’ve been here in Melbourne has been great, no rain in almost 3 weeks and most days aren’t too hot.  It can, however get really hot here if the wind is coming off of the desert.  One day earlier this week it got up to 40 by 2pm, then the wind changed, and by 2:30 it was less than 30.  I’ve never seen the temperature change so fast in my life.

The activity of today, in addition to job hunting, was fruit buying at the Queen Victoria market here.  I picked up passion-fruit, peaches, strawberries, pineapples and more.  All fresh, all cheap and all delicious.



Tags: ,

2 responses to “Australian Open”

  1. Diane Dare says:

    Hey Adam

    Finally had a chance to go through your blogs about your travels! Envious of your time in New Zealand – brought back lots of memories – Australia, too. As you said, one needs at least 6-7 weeks to properly appreciate the wide diversity of all there is to offer in NZ. Thank you for the gift of the calendar to enjoy all year – wonderful photos you have taken along the way! Safe travels…hope you find work soon.

  2. junk car says:

    junk car

    Australian Open » TravelBlog Archive » Breakfast in Tokyo, Lunch in Cape Town & Dinner in Medellín

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.