BootsnAll Travel Network



of cavemen and monkeys

all the children contributing to the text…..

Batu Caves

Just outside Kuala Lumpur are the Batu Caves. They have been carved out by water running through the limestone. Water is dripping all the time.

Walking up the steps to the Batu caves, we met many monkeys which were sliding down the rails. When one slid down behind K9 and knocked her on the back, she got an almighty fright! There was a mother monkey carrying a baby. One of the large ones was particularly grumpy, very territorial and greedy for the peanuts, and scared the little ones away.

monkey

Guess how many steps there were!!! 340.
The first 272 had numbers painted on them, and then there were more to go up even higher. We counted them all.

climb climb climb

At this site there were two temples, one at the top of the steps and one at the bottom. If you wanted to go in the temple you had to be barefoot. There were also lots of statues around.

belief

idols

PS The Traveller’s Tummies are much improved. In spite of ominous warnings that her stomach cramps would only be the beginning, they came to nothing. The Big Boys are singing the praises of Loperamide, and little ER(2), who is too small to take the medication, is on the mend, even if not quite right yet. She slept under a fan for most of yesterday, waking only to sip fluids and look miserable. Today she’s back to eating papaya and bananas and coconut cake. 



Tags:

5 responses to “of cavemen and monkeys”

  1. jen says:

    pleased your all on the mend

    and wow!!! what a place
    how incredible to see wild monkeys all over the place

  2. Leighleigh says:

    Hi guys,
    You were the talk of the town at The Weekly Grind this morning – it seems there are loads of people (‘hello people’) reading your blog, and for those who aren’t wanted an update – you are very much world famous in Titirangi!!
    And for a wee update from the homeland – 59G Konini Road has been sold – and not by us…..so when you get back you will have new neighbours!
    Lots of love
    Leigh

  3. Heather says:

    I am enjoying travelling with you via your blog. So much fun having new places to visit and see everyday. Thankks for sharing:-)

  4. bronwyn says:

    GD and I have been too the Batu Caves on our way home from India. Those monkeys are really cheeky eh!

    Glad to hear you are all feeling better.

    Lots of love
    The Taylors

  5. […] we go, up 640 steps (these caves are much bigger than the Batu Caves!)  And back we come down the 640 […]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *