BootsnAll Travel Network



loaded

by Rach, who convinced the others to try to squeeze in!
Kampot to Phnom Penh, Cambodia

To save a bit of time we investigate hiring a minivan for the return trip to Phnom Penh. It’s even cheaper than the bus! How refreshing to be faced with one no-brainer decision. But we should have guessed it wouldn’t be so simple. After paying our deposit we were informed we couldn’t have a minivan after all; we would have to take a minibus, a small bus, but the whole thing would be for us, there would be no other passengers. This seemed a bit exclusive, but hardly a bad option.

Five minutes early a small minivan backed into the guesthouse compound. Hmmmm. It really did not look like we would fit in, not with our gear. But we were forgetting comfort is not a factor to be considered here, and it turned out we did not even need to leave the back door open or have any limbs hanging out, so there really was no problem. I’m not sure how many extra sets would ordinarily have been sold on this vehicle, but it did not feel at all extravagant having the whole back of the van to ourselves 😉 (the driver and his sidekick took the front).

Just for some perspective, all of these pictures were taken
over the course of two days, and we saw many many
more overloaded vehicles that we didn’t photograph.
We did not have to spend hours waiting to find
these shots. They are everywhere!!!!!



Tags: ,

One response to “loaded”

  1. grandpabear says:

    You had better add your own pictures -minivan & tuk-tuk, to this collection!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *