BootsnAll Travel Network



"I don’t blame her"

Driving across town with uncle, discussing the dismal state of Americans’ health (and agreeing that one of the major causes is diet, in particular the trans-fats and refined foods they readily consume….big discussion about palm oil and coconut oil ensues), discussing Malaysian politics (50 years one party has ruled here, although the recent elections saw the first five upsets ever!!!!), discussing economic ramifications of public transport systems (a country with a car manufacturing industry does not invest much in public transport), when suddenly uncle blurted out, “I don’t blame her you know. I can understand how she fell in love with him. He was  a damn handsome young man. Damn fine he was. I can understand, I don’t blame her at all. And look at him now. Still a gentleman.”

It can’t have been easy for a family to have their daughter-and-sister whisked away to the other side of the world by a near-stranger. Not easy at all.

We’ll have to get the stranger’s take on the situation too!

I understand



Tags: , ,

One response to “"I don’t blame her"”

  1. Leighleigh says:

    Yes – he is usually the gentleman, unless he is talking to me, and then he has been known to be a tad rude (all in good fun though!!) He is pretty special though. 🙂

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *