BootsnAll Travel Network



celebration and recreation

by….I think I’ll stop saying who’s writing – if it’s not me, I’ll let ya know
Nyons, France

Happy Birthday to Mboy-now7!

What a good place to request a chocolate cake!! Just a pity the fancy decorations melted on the walk home eh! Small price to pay for mercury hovering all day in the high thirties though, don’t you think?
And expecting this, we set out in the early morning for our stroll around the medieval town, Nyons.

The afternoon was devoted to keeping cool…perhaps predictably, given our current location, playing boules…and reading.

(I devoured Hugo Hamilton’s very clever tragic culturally enlightening family and language story “The Speckled People” – certain adult themes mean I’d recommend parents take a look before handing it on to their children to read).

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mboy….
as dinner drew to a close you declared, “It truly was a happy day.”
And you were right.



Tags: ,

4 responses to “celebration and recreation”

  1. Fiona Taylor says:

    Happy Birthday!!! It looks like you all had a wonderful day celebrating. So, how WAS the chocolate cake?

  2. rayres says:

    The chocolate cake was fantastic. Best of all the inside mousse was still cold when we devoured it! COLD. Aaaaah.
    BTW Fiona, sorry I ahvne’y been replying to your comments – we have had shonky internet, but for the next month we have a stick for Italy so I should be a bit better! No photos of Rouen sorry – we only stopped in the supermarket and drove straight on.
    What else did you want to know?

  3. The Eds says:

    Glad you had a ‘happy’ day M7………that cake looks delicious! Take care and thanks for the postcards, there’s always a scuffle to get the first reading……..nothing like thinking of others!!!! Love from all of usxxxxxx

  4. nova says:

    happy birthday!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *