BootsnAll Travel Network



Lottery

They say it takes losing something to realize what you’ve lost, to appreciate it.  Well, I am thrilled that after the scare of not getting a license, not having this job, I get to keep Ft. Smith.  In the beginning, it was “that 8 weeks in Arkansas I just have to put up with,” just a situation to close my eyes and stomp through as quickly as possible.  Well, after thinking last week that I wouldn’t have a job this summer, no money to save, no way to pay mortgages, no way to have moving costs for New Zealand, Ft. Smith is suddenly the lottery. 

The flies, smells, noises, heat, humidity, and lack of Thai food are really all tolerable now.  There’s always that great coffee shop by the park (frozen mochas! free wireless!), the shady running trail with a gate that graciously eats the guilt of not running longer, oh, and the cheapest gas in 3 states.  Maybe thanks to the Arkansas-born founder, there’s a Wal-mart on nearly every street, and these enthusiastic locals are so patriotic they’ve been shooting off fireworks every night for the past 4 days.  What’s not to love??

Did I mention I’ll have new dumpsters soon? 

Maybe as my lesson, from now on, when I’m in what seems like a boring, difficult, time- and soul-sucking situation, I’ll just imagine that it too is the lottery.   

“Here’s something to think about: How come you never see a headline like ‘Psychic Wins Lottery‘?” Jay Leno quotes



Tags: , , , ,

4 responses to “Lottery”

  1. Savuth says:

    Woohoo! Did I ever tell you about the time I hit the jackpot on the nickel machine?

  2. z pak direction [url=https://zithromaxes.com/]zithromax buying[/url] z pak 500 mg

  3. side effects of chloroquine [url=https://chloroquineorigin.com/#]tendances du coronavirus – france[/url] chloroquinne

  4. why is hydroxychloroquine https://plaquenilx.com/# what is hydroxychlor 200 mg

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.