BootsnAll Travel Network



Canada day in London

Its Canada day!

 I keep meaning to update this, then time flies!  Last weekend Wade was in town.  We ended up at the tower of London and the science museum.  The science museum was really neat, lots of interactive play games.  Maybe it was meant for kids, but who cares?  I can make a complete ass of myself all i want here! They had some great space stuff, genetics, planes, hot air baloon section, and more i can’t remember.  Wade found a whole section of the museum i missed, this happens in lots of these museums.  Need to go back for imax, and some of the rides.

The tower of London was neat.  We explored every possible tower and area… need to get our moneys worth.  The old tour guides had a really nice act down pat for the tours, and its so universal, it would work for every crowd.

In the one building was the actual crown jewels, including the worlds largest diamond (i think).  We were wondering if they were real, until we examined the vault 3 ft thick steel doors, and defiantely they were the real ones.  It was rather funny, that so many of the crowns, have all the jewels removed.  They can’t afford so many diamonds, so they move it to the next crown.  Common, you can rack up your national debt even more.  Lots of the castle is inhabited, and it looks like they upgrade and improve so much so often, like the floors.  It was certainly no dover, but quite nice.

So a quick note so i don’t forget.

Friday canada day concerts were cool!  no name bands, pretty diverse and pretty good.  Except the blinkers (who are they?) and Ron Sexsmith.  Plus who can really tell when you’re too busy drinking anyway.

Sat, (actual canada day) at the maple leaf, the police were a plenty. The street party was cancelled, the street fenced off, and so when people showed up nice and rowdy with beer in hand, they soon had it all removed by the police.  I waited about 1/2 hour to get in, not bad, but would have been long if everyone had not left the line all the time.  Drinks here are nice and cheap, 2-3£, and the crowd was huge.  I met more non canadians, than canadians, and had to keep asking and telling people that it was in fact, a canada day party. 

Still haven’t figured out how to do these picture things quick, so you will have to wait longer.

Hey all, by the way, i forgot everyones numbers (I didn’t write any down before I left) and been meaning to get a hold of you, so send me an email.



Tags:

2 responses to “Canada day in London”

  1. Anonymous says:

    My blog died. We should do something again sometime soon. Oxford is kinda boring and I live in the Cowley ghetto. Okay, it’s not that bad, Oxford has a good night life (apparently). And the rent is cheap. Closing thoughts….don’t use vodaphone as a mobile provider!

  2. Anonymous says:

    Yay I fixed it!

  3. ajstud99 says:

    hi geoff,
    how r things…hope all is good. keep us informed of ur adventures.
    takecare
    AJ

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *