BootsnAll Travel Network



Brighton, England

July 9th

Brighton was on the agenda for the weekend, so Saturday I headed out with Celeste to Brighton on the trains.

Once in Brighton, the crowds from the station was a large as they were in Picadilly, ie never ending thick crowds.  i assume most of them were heading for the beach, a main attraction.

“The lanes” were tiny alleys of shops, lots of lanes in and tons of tiny little shops.  Many of them sold jewlery, and a lot sold clothes or touristy items.

Saw the museum, can remember lots of older toys and furniture.  One spot there was a coin operated fortune teller, so I stopped to get my fortune (good things for the weekend to come) and the mases of kids then showed up with coins.

Brighton pier at night

The Pier is a very popular visit.  I was expecting a pier, like a pier board going into the ocean.  Stores, selling brighton rock (any hard candy), games, casino, restaurants, amusement rides…. standing on it, I’m waiting for it to colapse like the other one did a few years ago.  Headed off to the beach, beach of rocks.  Got about 10 meters, then went ouch, went another 20, then decided to put shoes back on.  Now thats not a real beach, but common around here.

brighton beach

The film museum was nice, was only there 25 min.  Took a bus there, and saw some of the first movies ever made.  Then walked back, it only took about 45 mins.  The whole town you could walk around if you wanted.

The pubs along the beach were plenty, the restaurant we found served great and inexpensive food.  update for this weekend at snodian mountain to come.

 



Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *