BootsnAll Travel Network



Berlin, Germany

Tour, bike tour and ran into some people from Busabout, including the girl from on the bus. Our tour travelled and saw a lot on this bike tour.

Checkpoint charlie
The Berlin wall. The original setup with the two walls and the middle zone sounds very intimidating.

Went to the Reijstad, could only go on the roof. Tight security. Decided after to walk to the statue in the park. This park is apparently the 2nd largest urban park in the world. So they say. I remember seeing the statue when we drove into the city, and looking down the road, with lack of buses or trams through there I decided to walk. It was a ways. Kept thinking, its getting closer. When I started it was light out. By the time I got there, it was very very dark. And the statue wasn’t lighted so it was hard to get a nice picture. Then there was the walk out of the park, it was nice that it was shorter because I went out the other side.

doner kababs – huge and inexpensive. Had a couple they were sooo good.
Went up the tv tower, and realized how huge Berlin is. Its massive.

Had fun at the hostel. The first day, I told him it looks like the room is full. I took a bed that looked like it had been occupied, but was not at the time. At 3am, the person came back, and woke everyone then left. The second day, we counted 11 in our 10 person room again. We told reception, and they told me again that I was crazy. I told them there was 11, and to give me a list. Back in the room full of Canadians, the Aussie was not on the list so I told her to go see reception. Turns out reception screwed up, again, and they threw another cot into our room. The third night, I came back really late and sure enough, there was a cot there again as they had done it again!



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *