BootsnAll Travel Network



One week to go…

…and travel is sneaking to the forefront of my mind, even though (or perhaps because) I’ve hit a rough spot in my NaNovel. Watching ‘The Two Towers’ yesterday didn’t help. After that piece of storytelling, why bother to learn how to write (lol)? But I guess I can still attempt travel writing.

Which brings me to my sister who picked this morning to call me from the airport (she’s off to Gran Canaria for a week) and tell me about a new waterproof digital camera she wants to give me as a present: The Pentax Optimo WP (5mp). It sounds like the gadget of my dreams. I would love to photo blog. I know, cameras get in the way of the experience, laddi-da, but the idea is to take it with me on special outings just to take pictures and leave it in the depths of my backpack at other times. Take pictures in dripping rain forest and snorkelling on coral reefs and keep it in the damp depths of my backpack, more likely.

Anglers, canoeists and wet-weather trekkers all swear by it. But what will backpackers say? Does it last (there are problems with hardware deterioration and software bugs)? Does it live up to life on the road? (Direct image storage on SD cards in JPEG format is a must–no uploading fancy software! From card to Flickr to Denniblog (for edited, low res images) in one easy session!)

I wish my sister’d been in touch a bit sooner 😉 On the other hand, I would not have been tempted to buy this thing online after my recent experience with Ebay. No thanks! I want to touch it, feel it, look at it before I buy it. So I hope that any of the real shops around here store it. This could be the thing that makes the trip. Here’s to photoblogging, the marriage of photography and journal 🙂

Tags: ,



Comments are closed.