BootsnAll Travel Network



Greenland: Airport Chaos

Trust the f*cking terrorists to choose today to target UK flights with a major bomb plot.

Heathrow is in turmoil.

Just as well that I’ve booked my flight a day ahead—although I thought the problem would be the usual BA delays and getting to the airport on time.

Updates to follow.

***

Hubby just came back from the office (5 min drive away) and between us (me web, he phone) we found out that the flight will probably leave later this afternoon with some delay. Now it remains to be seen who has to be on it because of ongoing connections. Mine is not before tomorrow, so I could bump of—but I’ll need a guarantee of a flight tomorrow. BA isn’t so organised that they’ve started trading bookings yet. I didn’t expect them to, despite precedents due to strikes/terrorism threats. That is precisely why I booked my outgoing flight a day in advance.

Without BA’s cooperation, there is no point in volunteering to change my booking. This would only end me in deep water as they assume they can mess me around. Sad, but true.

My first reaction was to get to Heathrow now because of inordinately long checkin-times (no handluggage, all footwear to be X-rayed—later on, I fully expect an orifice search. Yuck!) However, presently there is massive congestion so I told John to come back at one. By then, short-haul business travellers will have dispersed, and the morning crowd will hopefully have made alternative arrangements (just like I would if a sensible system was in place online or by phone).

Hopefully.

I might update further, but I’m not taking my Zaurus/WiFi card, so don’t bank on it. I certainly try to update from Copenhagen.


Remember, there is unlikely to be internet-access in Greenland, so entries and pictures may follow with some delay. My digital camera has to travel in my backpack, and I hope that it will arrive safely.

Tags: ,



Comments are closed.