BootsnAll Travel Network



Greenland: Airport Chaos II

As expected, communications with BA have broken down. My flight is now scheduled to ‘arrive’ at 11:42 the following day (11th August). In effect this means that it has been cancelled, but clearly BA cannot get it together to make alternative arrangements for existing passengers—who will have to travel to the airport and then turn around, after a 6-8h wait.

All phonelines are engaged. Even ebookers are engaged (Ebookers do not consider it necessary to forward my correct booking reference with which I could make arrangements on the BA website. I have to consider carefully whether I will use them again.).

I re-iterate: the level of incompetence over what can be regarded as a routine disruption is staggering.

***

12:29. Now they have admitted that the flight has been cancelled. I knew that twenty minutes ago.

***

13:15. Verdict: GO! I’ve just taken out 50 quid (local machine’s maximum) and will stage a sit-in at LHR, until I get a flight confirmation. I’m prepare to transfer to another airport.

If I’m really lucky, they’ll lay on a British Rail-style replacement bus service to Stansted or Luton.

Tags: ,



Comments are closed.