BootsnAll Travel Network



Aug 30 – NV

Day 29 – After yesterday Jason and I didn’t know if we wanted to stick around if the weather continue on like yesterday’s, but we were graced with very pleasant cool wind from the north and no dust in our eyes or nose. We quickly found our daily routine of drinking as much water as we could as we rode our bikes around and than trying to find the closest port-a-potties. I think we visited the lovely port-a-potties more than anything else on the playa. We were drinking 2 ½ gallons of water a day between the two of us and probably could have drank a bit more because my skin was still dry – though it probably was from the playa dust also.

I enjoyed a foot bathing camp were they have tubs set up with brushes to wash off the alkali from the playa dust with water and vinegar, and than some foot balm to help them not crack. After that visit I visited the place a few more times during the week  We also met some bootsnall members – Tiff, Jill, and Ben. It was great to hang out with them and talk about traveling and getting to know them more than just over the computer.



Tags: , , , , ,

-1 responses to “Aug 30 – NV”

  1. tiffany says:

    well well well.. its abotu time i finally found this again! i had been wondering what happened to you guys! will catch up on the blogging!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.