BootsnAll Travel Network



Aug 24 – TX/OK/CO

Day 23 – We got up early and went to see the Cadillac Ranch off of I-40. The sculpture is extremely vandalized now and a bit beat up. It looks like it became the popular high school hangout. Though, it was still great to see and impressive – a bit depressing when you look down the line with all the taillights and underneath of the cars being exposed to you as if they were forced into penance.

We continued to drive through cattle country and I realized why it smelled so bad. The cattle farms that keep their cattle in fenced in tiny areas with no grass (stockyards) and hardly any breathing room reek as one would if you constantly live at rush hour on new york city’s subway in the summer heat. Compared to the farms that had their cattle wandering contemplatively in green grass pastures had no smell at all and the cows were eating their food at will with a more (to my eyes) pleasant surrounding and lifestyle.

Old use of wind for farming — and new use of wind for energy…

Sleepy man – our second rest-area sleep over with the truckers.

Cadillac Ranch



Tags:

One response to “Aug 24 – TX/OK/CO”

  1. ari says:

    nice jason i do that all the time at camp its called the sleep cam but thats gotta b impossible cuz u guys live together

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.