BootsnAll Travel Network



Aug 23 – TX

Day 22 – Some more driving in Texas, taking highway 287 north, it was a scenic drive. The green rolling hills turned into more flat plains with cacti and rock outcroppings, and always a distant view of the horizon. At night as we made our way further north it turned into more of a cattle country, the smell was the main give away.

To our surprise as we drove through one small town a truck pulled up beside us at a stoplight and had a quick conversation with Jason about the bike on the back of our car and the gas mileage. You can never think people are not friendly here – how could you when there are signs stating their slogan mile after mile “Drive Friendly”. Though, not all the drivers drive very friendly – some tended to like to get right up on your bumper going 80 mile an hour when the speed limit is 70 until you finally have a chance to get out of their way. In a VW Golf, a big truck or SUV (popular choices of vehicles here) it can be quiet intimidation knowing if I had to stop quickly their car is going to bash right up to my steering wheel.

Drive Friendly, the Texas way! 🙂

Texas is green too… very beautiful country side.



Tags:

One response to “Aug 23 – TX”

  1. ari says:

    give them a pimp slap if they give u smack u gotta do it the new york way.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.