BootsnAll Travel Network



Aug 22 – TX

Day 21 – Austin is a very nice city. We are staying with our friend Tess, who is currently taking her first big exam right now to continue in the economic phd program at U of T. We have just enjoyed lying around a comfy house washing all of our belongings – clothes, the car, and ourselves. All I can say of Austin right now is that the neighborhood north of the campus has a lot of well kept homes and a lot of trees and gardens, some more well kept than others. And Jason is very happy to be out of the humid heat of the east and into the more dry heat of the west.

We celebrated Tess’s ½ mark on her test taking with some cool party hats and cake. Than, she took her first night off in the past month of studying and we went out for a drink and dinner to continue celebrating. Tomorrow she has to start studying again for her second and last big exam on Friday. GOOD LUCK TESS!!!!!!



Tags:

3 responses to “Aug 22 – TX”

  1. Jacob I says:

    Hey, You’ve hit my former near homeness. Dad went to UT. We lived in Round Rock. I heard that what used to take 20 minutes to drive between the two takes an hour now from all the growth. Crazy. Have fun, Ill keep checking in.

  2. Kathleen says:

    Great meeting you guys in Austin. Thanks for saving me from choking on that Jr. Mint. Happy travels. I’ll follow your journey from my office with no windows here in lovely corporate america.

  3. admin says:

    Kathleen – Thanks, it was really great meeting you also – and we are very sad that we forgot to take a photo of you guys to post it up… — april & jason

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.