BootsnAll Travel Network



Aug 21 – TX

Day 20 – We woke up with a dead battery this morning. The night was very warm, even with the windows cracked down, and so we were turning on the car vents for some air circulation. The last time I turned them on, I fell back asleep before I turned them back off and Jason woke up to a flickering of lights in the dash boarding telling us that we have spent too much of the car’s energy. Our car is a manual and we tried push starting it, but we drained too much of the battery to get it going. That lead us to testing out our AAA membership. The test went well, we were up and running after they finally found where we were ‘resting’.

The country side in Texas slightly reminded Jason and I of back home in Washington. The heat is now dry, a nice change from the past 19 days of our trip, the grassy hills and trees are different from the east coast and defiantly tells us that we are coming into the western part of the states.

We went down to Crystal Beach before heading up to Austin and enjoyed our last swim in the salty water for quiet awhile. It was the most relaxing enjoyable swim I have had this trip. Most of dips in the ocean so far have been not as simple as people usually experience when they say ‘let’s go to the beach today’. At South Beach a huge storm system was moving in all around us and blocked out the sun right as we stepped into the water (no rain but no sun), Crystal River the sirens went off, and we took a swim at Grayton Beach State Park with a little fish that kept wanted to play with us and trying to nibble our legs. Which is cute for awhile, but when it didn’t stop and starting going for my waist which I started to find be too aggressive for me and I got out of the water. Which I am sure the fish was happy to have it’s space back again. So, this time we were able to stay in the water for as long as we wanted and the waves were not too big, the sun was out, and I didn’t want to ever leave.


Jedi at the beach in TX



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.