BootsnAll Travel Network



Quick Update and Plea

Er, it’s raining solid here in sunny BA, and all my plans have evaporated – that must be them returning to earth as I write.

Still, all is fine and I will make progress today.

In the meantime, can I ask everyone to email me with their phone numbers (home, work and mobile, where appropriate). Please put ‘Phone Numbers’ in the header. I did have them all in my pc before that went, and was going to log them into the new one when it arrived (Doh!). Will hopefully have a contact number of sorts soon. Then when I get a chance I’ll bore everyone senseless with the tale of how I didn’t get a flat in Buenos Aires.

In the meantime Bone O’Vox was shameless in his Argentine performance and I see that if you don’t sign the Nuclear Non-proliferation Treaty then you get all the raw materials you need (silly Iran, clever India). Crazy World!



Tags:

2 Responses to “Quick Update and Plea”

  1. Cath Says:

    I see Bono dropped in at the pink palace a couple of days ago for tea & stickies, shame you missed him.
    What exactly are your plans for Buenos Aires for a whole month? Can´t fathom that one.
    My bus broke down en route to Arequipa today. Deja vu. Except this time, we were in the middle of the desert, 3 hours from Arequipa and the driver eventually admitted that we hadn’t exactly broken down. To be more precise, er, we’d run out of petrol. He was flagging passing tankers down for christssake! Eventually a nice policeman turned up and stopped one for us.
    You didn’t mention that Arequipa smells like an NCP car park. Lack of public loos apparently. Still, there´s some nice places to eat (did you try the Guinea Pig?).
    Got a place behind the monastery so will need the earplugs as expecting lots of drunken rowdiness. You know what them nuns’re like…

  2. Posted from Peru Peru
  3. Rob MB Says:

    hey john sorry to hear of your recent troubles, hope things are getting a bit more pleasant now.

    i’ve got a job with a bank now! woohoo! no more selling lighters and tin foil to gentlemen who don’t look very healthy! so things are looking up from this end of the world.

    it did snow, for about half a day, and Marlena thought it was bloody hilarious that we fall apart when theres an inch of snow on the ground. the 4×4’s are obviously different to the ones that drive over 2ft snow drifts in canada. or maybe its the people who try to drive them? anyway, i walk, and it was pleasant seeing the crisp snow on the branches of trees, hearing the birds singing, listening to the laughter of children playing and the shattering of indicators and headlights of mothers driving their one child to school in a humvee that can’t handle a puddle.

    i’m off to goodison in a couple of weeks to watch the slightly more palatable side of liverp**l play villa. couldn’t get tickets for united and our canadian friends who are visiting wanted to see a premiership game. the lesser of 19 evils i thought!

  4. The Editor Says:

    Cath I refer you to this posting, first line of paragraph 5…

    http://blogs.bootsnall.com/K_Eric77/?p=73

    Nice to hear your news Rob. Does that mean you are no longer at the Spar? A relief indeed.

  5. Posted from Argentina Argentina

Leave a Reply