BootsnAll Travel Network



Happy Birthday John Edward Parry

The funeral and life celebration of John Edward Parry took place on 8th November 2012.  Today would have been his 77th birthday.  The obituary the family put together was edited by the Chester Chronicle, so it’s here instead!  We also note it’s the anniversary of George Best’s passing, so here are a couple of pictures…

Dad/Grandad/Uncle

The service was at St Werburgh’s Church and was conducted by Father Paul Shaw.

John was born in Chester and was a Freeman of the City, where he lived all his life.  A much loved husband, father, grandfather and uncle, John was a pipe fitter who began his working life at C. Seward and Co.  Having spent his national service in Germany and Holland, John later contracted for all the local engineering firms as well as spending working time in Ireland, Scotland and Jersey.

He is survived by his wife, Ellen, his sister Janet, his brother Graham, his son Martin, his daughters Clare, Susan and Angela and his grandchildren, Isis, Rhys, Alexander, Joe, Patrick and Rory and will be sorely missed.

A gregarious man, never more happy than in the company of friends and family he was described on the day by his grandchildren as, Cool, Truthful, Best, Caring, Joyful, Kind, Lovely and a Good Laugh.  All of his family and friends concur with these sentiments.

Mourners included all of the above named family members as well as Paul Abraham, Mark Banks rep. Janet Banks, Brian & Danny Barlow, Tommy & Joey Barlow, Victoria Buchanan, Maureen Byrne rep. Kevin and David, John Chadwick, Patricia Currid, Mick& Sue Davey, Catherine, Matthew & Ben Davies, Chris & Eileen Davies Mr & Mrs      R Davies rep. Brian Roberts, Stan Delmore, Tracey Dunseath rep. Andy, Matthew & Lauren, Cathy Elsden, Wendy Evans, Mike & Ali Fagin-Hall with Tom, Dermot & Jonjo, Rebecca Griffith, Mary & Tommy Hall, Philip Hall rep. Clare, Will & Emily, Clare Harding, Karl Henson, Barrie & Pam Hipkiss rep. Glyn, Jackie & Lee Fradley, Helen & Yasmin Holding, Eric & Susan Hope, John Hunt, Barry Johnston, Mary & Peter Jones, Shaun & Joanna Jones rep. Leela, John Kenyon, Jean & John Kiersey, Karen  Kinder rep. Emma, Melissa & Michael, Tabatha & Leo Manifold, Kim & Anthony Mealor, Sheila Mealor & Ivy, Maureen Middleton, Ann Moody,  Dermot & Colleen Murphy, Pauline Murphy, Debbie Owens rep. Tom & Jess, Audrey Parry, Joanne & Rosemary Roberts, Cath Rogan, Helen, Christopher & Liam Staines rep. Tracey &  John, Linda & Graham Swindley, Val & Terry Tomlinson, Bernadette Vickers rep. The Middleton Family, Paul Woosey, Alyson Potts & Lily Donoghue, Andrea Wilderspin, Janet Wooley, David Randles.

The family would like to acknowledge the many mourners not listed here as well as those who sent fond wishes and thoughts.

Bearers were Graham Parry, Martin Parry, Michael Hall, Philip Hall, Christopher Staines, Liam Staines.

Donations in John’s memory to Cheshire Asbestosis Victims Support Group: http://www.cavsg.co.uk/



Tags:

Leave a Reply